We're constantly being told that innovation is the key to business success. So just how do you help your team become more innovative?
There are three areas you need to tackle to create a digital workplace:
- connect your people. By helping people work together more easily and strengthen their relationships – especially across different departments – you increase the chance that they'll spark great ideas from each other. That could be as dramatic as figuring out a faster, more efficient way to capture, share and analyse operational data. It could be as small as passing on a tip about how to use a feature in your calendar app or cloud file storage to get work done more quickly.
- review your processes. Many business operations rest on processes originally created before the internet and mobile computing became widespread. You should spend some time looking at your current process and understanding how each step does – or doesn't – help you achieve your business goals. You'll then be able to see opportunities for improvement. For example, instead of using email to receive weekly data returns from branch offices, you could get branch managers to fill out online forms that automatically update linked spreadsheets.
- provide intuitive cloud technology. If you want to to connect your people and have them adopt new processes, you need to support them with tools that promote workplace collaboration. That means providing cloud computing that:
- allows your people to work from anywhere, at any time, and using any device
- is intuitive, so there's no steep learning curve. Your team will already be grappling with the challenge of adapting to new processes and a new workplace culture, so you don't want to add to that burden
- is flexible enough to be matched to the processes specific to your business.
Bringing these elements together may sound daunting. Although a report by IDC suggests 70% of all transformation efforts in 2018 will fail, this is not our experience. We are proud that 100% of our customers’ projects are a success - we would not put up with anything else. Our Digital Transformation workshops are designed to help you and your organisation understand how to bring together people, process and technology to deliver successful projects and create an innovative and thriving business.